Chair: Lisa Ferretti
Editor: Stan McDonald
Marissa Cloutier, CPH, 1-1166, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2026
Cheri Cutler, FSBM, email@example.com, 2026**
Lisa Ferretti, SSW (Chair), 1-8642, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2025**
Jeffrey Lee, CLA, 1-5625, email@example.com, 2024
Steve Newman, CLA, 1-7641, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2024
Karen M. Turner, KMC, 1-8386, email@example.com, 2024***
Stan McDonald, CLA, 1-2212, firstname.lastname@example.org (2025)
Former Editor - Ex-officio: vacant
At-large members: vacant
(Updated October 27, 2023)
The Faculty Herald Advisory Board is a Faculty Senate Committee. The role of the Faculty Herald Advisory Board is to help set the direction and tone of The Herald, to provide guidance to the editor, and to provide oversight for the ongoing operations of The Herald.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting the editor in setting the tone and editorial agenda of the Faculty Herald.
- Collaborating with the editor and the FSSC to assess the Herald’s strengths and areas needing improvement.
- Providing regular feedback to the editor on ideas for news and editorial pieces and on recent issues.
- Helping the editor identify issues of faculty concern that are appropriate topics to be addressed by the Herald.
- Assisting in the solicitation of news articles and faculty commentary.
- Assisting the editor in reviewing the Herald’s content before publication at the editor’s request.
- Monitoring ongoing effectiveness of the editor in this role.
- Reporting once a year to the FSSC on accomplishments, budget and other concerns.
- Responding to recommendations and complaints from readers and Temple community stakeholders.
- Recommending to the FSSC a candidate for editor every other year.
(Revised November 16, 2021)
-9 Faculty appointed by the FSSC representing various schools/colleges and up to two members at large (passed by FSSC 9/26/95)
- former Faculty Herald editor as ex-officio, non-voting member.(passed by FSSC 04/15)
The committee will meet 7 times during each academic year - once before the first issue of the year, and once after each of the six issues during the year; in addition, committee members will be expected to perform the tasks itemized above. Time estimate is 2-3 hours per week.
The editor shall accept a two-year term that may be renewed. Board members shall serve for three years, and the board shall be formed initially in such a way that members rotate off every two years.